Interesting blog from Kara Goucher...


Here's a quick read from Kara Goucher (in middle of pack, /photo by Paul Merca), as posted on the Nike Running web site.

http://insidenikerunning.nike.com/2008/01/15/the-new-year-for-the-gouchers/


Turns out that she was in Seattle over the weekend working out at the Dempsey Indoor facility, after having minor surgery over the Christmas holidays, where she had a chip of cartilage flushed from the back of her knee, and the torn section shaved down. In fact, several letsrun.com readers from Seattle posted on the site that there was a girl who looked like Kara at a restaurant in the area on Saturday night (1/12).

She writes, "I had an indoor season planned and it looked like it might not happen due to the surgery, but now I am thinking its back on again. I went to Seattle this weekend to run on the indoor track at the University of Washington and test it out. The workout went great and although I’m not as ready as if I hadn’t had this interruption, I still think I can get out there and run some good races. I love racing, I love pushing myself. Even though the preparation hasn’t been perfect, it doesn’t change the fact that I want to get out there and test myself! Racing is the fun part; it’s the reward of all the hard work. It’s the perfect time of year to do something enjoyable and different before the long buildup that will come in a couple of months. I am willing to go in less than 100% ready because it’s going to be so much fun."

So, will we see either Adam or Kara at the UW indoor meets? Stay tuned!

Comments