Just brutal...

Thanks to my friend Alison Wade of EliteRunning.com, I was steered to a new running web site called Runnerville.com, which has among others, Mary Wittenberg, Chris Lear, Toni Reavis, Matt Taylor, and Lauren Fleshman as contributors.

One item posted that piqued my interest was a video of Carl Lewis, the nine-time Olympic gold medalist, and perhaps the greatest track and field athlete of our generation.

It's a music video Lewis made in his heyday, where he's working out, with some track & field footage thrown in for good measure.

I'd forgotten about this video, until a few weeks ago, when I heard a discussion on celebrities that have butchered the national anthem, including Lewis (he killed the national anthem at the New Jersey Meadowlands before an NBA game, which is an ESPN Sportscenter classic; I'm guessing that Jimmy Hoffa was rolling around his alleged grave next door at Giants Stadium).

For your viewing pleasure, here it is, courtesy of YouTube, Carl Lewis' video, "Break it Up":

Comments