Just did some snooping around, and it appears that this weekend’s UW Invitational meet at the Dempsey Indoor in Seattle will be chock full of track and field talent.
Although entries are still open as of Tuesday afternoon at 2 pm, a University of Washington source informs us that among the teams sending squads to Seattle are the University of Oregon, Stanford, California, UCLA, USC, BYU, Oral Roberts, and the University of Arkansas, which plans to send a distance medley relay team.
For the Razorbacks, the UW Invitational comes off the heels of last weekend’s Razorback Invitational in Fayetteville, in which Dorian Ulrey punched his ticket to the NCAA Championships.
Ulrey clocked an NCAA automatic qualifying time of 3:57.60 in the mile, good for a second-place finish, behind German Fernandez of Oklahoma State’s 3:56.50, surpassing the previous world junior indoor best of 3:58.34 set by Kenya's Boaz Lalang in 2008.
Utley’s time ranks second in the NCAA, first in the SEC and No. 8 on the Arkansas all-time list.
While start lists have not been posted yet, an appearance by the Razorbacks would mean a possible appearance by former Washington state prep standouts Michael Chinchar (Kentwood HS) and twins Andy & Alex McClary (Shelton HS).
Start lists for the UW Invitational are projected to be posted on Thursday afternoon.
- December (7)
- November (14)
- October (17)
- September (13)
- August (23)
- July (29)
- June (22)
- May (31)
- April (24)
- March (28)
- February (25)
- January (17)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (19)
- September (17)
- August (35)
- July (22)
- June (39)
- May (38)
- April (25)
- March (29)
- February (32)
- January (24)
- December (11)
- November (25)
- October (26)
- September (28)
- August (30)
- July (30)
- June (34)
- May (34)
- April (30)
- March (25)
- February (28)
- January (22)
- December (15)
- November (20)
- October (18)
- September (27)
- August (33)
- July (39)
- June (27)
- May (40)
- April (35)
- March (32)
- February (26)
- January (30)
- December (10)
- November (26)
- October (20)
- September (25)
- August (41)
- July (35)
- June (34)
- May (40)
- April (28)
- March (33)
- February (27)
- Jenny Barringer steals show at UW Invitational...
- Norris Frederick fifth in long jump in Glasgow...
- UW Invitational notes--men
- UW Invitational notes--women
- Lagat ties Eamonn Coghlan's Millrose record with s...
- Dawgs take NCAA lead with school record in distanc...
- Friday afternoon notes for UW Invitational indoor ...
- Cougar Indoor Team Scoring Meet this weekend...
- Thoughts from Bernard Lagat on the Wanamaker Mile ...
- Dawgs ready to rumble Friday & Saturday at UW Invi...
- Ducks envious of Texas A&M indoor facility...
- Lagat seeking record seventh Wanamaker Mile title ...
- Arkansas to appear at UW Invitational this weekend...
- Universal Sports now available on Comcast in Seatt...
- Trent Arrivey gets NCAA provisional qualifier at W...
- Ghanaweb reports ex-WSU triple jumper Francis Dodo...
- Bear designated as official mascot of Berlin 2009....
- WSU hosts Open Indoor meet Friday & Saturday...
- Norris Frederick named to Team USA squad for Five ...
- Thoughts on Barack Obama...
- Jeshua Anderson & UW women's cross country team ho...
- Goucher gets two wins at UW Indoor Preview...
- Link to Kara Goucher story at trackandfieldnews.co...
- Olympian Kara Goucher entered in the mile...
- Unleashing the "beast" within the UW sprint corps....
- Galen Rupp to run at UW meet on Saturday...
- Jeshua Anderson featured in Trackshark profile of ...
- Brooks Johnson's take on Steve Roush's resignation...
- 2009 update to Dempsey Indoor sub-4 club...
- Sometimes, a comedy clip is what you need...
- US pole vaulters to start their own tour...
- Washington, Washington State unranked in USTFCCCA ...
- The RunnerSpace.com rundown...
- Following up on two recent posts...
- Eugene in the mix for Golden League status...
- So who replaces Steve Roush on the USATF High Perf...
- Mr. Marathon Sean Hartnett...
- Thoughts on paying America's top ten athletes in e...
- A Kara Goucher interview to start the new year...
- And the awards keep piling up for the Huskies...
- Flotrack's most dominating performance of 2008...
- Bernard Lagat interview, courtesy runblogrun.com.....
- December (16)
- November (36)
- October (29)
- September (38)
- August (66)
- July (68)
- June (51)
- May (19)
- April (19)
- March (16)
- February (17)
- January (26)