Trackshark in trouble...

paulmerca.blogspot.com was just tipped off about this a few hours ago...this piece of news is very distressing to those who love, and support the sport of track and field in the United States.

Tom Borish has worked his tail off to ensure that trackshark.com is one of the country's premier destinations for elite college and professional track & field. Trackshark has been a resource to those in the track and field community, particularly to those who follow it at the collegiate level. In fact, before the USTFCCCA took over the rankings, Trackshark was the publisher of the weekly national rankings.

Borish, who sold trackshark.com to Wasserman Media Group, was informed that he and his staff were being let go.

We are publishing editor Tom Borish's open letter in hopes that you, the readers of this blog, drop Tom a note of encouragement and support.

Trackshark Fans and Members,

This is very difficult for me to type right now, but you deserve to know everything.

I was informed by the Wasserman Media Group on Friday, March 6 that our services are no longer needed at Trackshark. Many of us within the company have lost our jobs, including myself.

I sold Trackshark.com to the Wasserman Media Group in May 2008. It was a tough decision, but they can no longer support me nor the rest of the staff here at Trackshark.

There are several options available, including finding a new buyer, but in today's economy it appears very unlikely. There are sites out there that have been born with cash and some without. Trackshark was born in 2002 out of hard work, dedication and all of you who have supported it from day one.

I am working every hour of the day to keep that alive, which is why you haven't seen the front page updated since Friday, March 6.

Whether we're born into a new site or this continues to move forward as is, I want to take this opportunity to thank each and every one of you. I can't even type all of the names since the list would be too long.

Either way, you should know that I am going to do my best to keep coverage of college track & field alive with our philosophy of coverage. If this site is shut down -- due to powers that I can not control -- next week, then you'll know the reason why.

Please email me at tborish@gmail.com for any questions, inquiries or if you just wish to keep in touch. I appreciate all of your efforts and communication through the years. Thank you for taking the time to read this and best of luck.

Comments