Off to Bydgoszcz (or, Off do Bydgoszczy!)...

It doesn't matter how many trips overseas one has taken, but there's always a certain level of anxiety the night before a trip, and as always, I'm second guessing myself over what to bring to Bydgoszcz, Poland for Sunday's IAAF World Cross Country Championships.

As much as I can, I'm trying to follow the one creed that noted European travel expert Rick Steves preaches: Travel light!

However, that goes against the Boy Scouts' motto: Be prepared.

If this video is any indication, looks like it's going to be muddy this weekend:



I will be working with USA Track & Field at the world championships as a media assistant, so the laptop and cameras are the most essential things I need. After seeing my share of baggage horror stories, I've learned to have enough survival gear in a backpack in case something gets lost.

In the meantime, see you on the other side of the planet! Wish my checked bag good luck (crosses fingers)…

PS--The football's packed (those who follow me on Facebook know what I'm talking about)!!!

Comments