Q & A with Scott Roth...

Here's a link to an article posted on gohuskies.com with NCAA pole vault champion Scott Roth (left/photo courtesy University of Washington), who won the indoor title last weekend.

Roth talks about how little time he had to savor his NCAA win, with finals this past week at the University of Washington, the lack of a true break (he's been vaulting non-stop since the 2009 USA Outdoor Track & Field Championships), the types of poles he uses to jump high, and his thoughts on winning the title.

En route to winning the title in Fayetteville, he had a bit of a wardrobe malfunction.

He said, "Yeah, man, you wonder how I'd ever be able to win the title being as absent-minded as I am. I was freaking out. Basically I packed my bag and I remember packing everything I needed for warm-ups, for the plane ride and whatnot. I guess I didn't even think of the uniform because how could I forget that? That's the one thing you can't forget, but I did. They ended up mailing one and everything worked out, but I was definitely scared. I was having visions of me jumping in a girl's uniform or something terrible like that."

To read the full story, please click here.

Comments