Brie Felnagle designed shoe for Breast Cancer Awareness month available from adidas...

I recently ran across a link via Sole Collector about the adidas Supernova Sequence running shoe that Tacoma native Brie Felnagle (in green top/photo by Paul Merca) helped design in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.

Brie's ride of choice for her daily training, the Supernova Sequence, has the classic adidas three stripes in pink with a blue upper, along with purple and pink accents.

You can purchase the shoe for $130 from miadidas.com

Over the past few weeks, I've had the opportunity to take the adidas Clima Ride TR (below/photo courtesy adidas) out for a spin as I've recovered from a bum right Achilles tendon that I tweaked in Daegu.

For what's being billed as a trail shoe, I found it surprisingly light. When I first put it on, it felt almost like a racing flat.

As I walked around the house and as I took it around for a run around Seward Park in Seattle, I was surprised by the flexibility of the shoe, especially as it's touted as a trail running shoe. The shoe fit my carbon fiber orthotics fine, and it breathes quite well, though it may be interesting to run with it once the grey and wet weather of the Pacific Northwest comes around.

I liked the grip of the shoe on trails and grass, as it did what it was supposed to do.

The shoe rides a tad bit low for my liking, and while it felt fine on grass and trails, I can feel the difference in the lack of cushioning during the times I ran on the roads.

Overall, a solid shoe by adidas and a decent value for trail runners at $95.

NOTE: adidas Public Relations sent paulmerca.blogspot.com a pair of these shoes to test.

Comments