Camas' Alexa Efraimson advances to finals in 1500 at IAAF World Youth Championships...



DONETSK, Ukraine--Camas High School's Alexa Efraimson (left/photo by Kirby Lee, Image of Sport) finished third in her qualifying heat of the girls 1500 at the IAAF World Youth Championships Wednesday morning.

Efraimson, the Washington 4A champ at 800 & 1600 meters, ran in a small pack of three behind the leaders and was able to pull ahead of her competitors to finish third in 4:23.27 to qualify automatically, as Dawit Seyaum of Ethiopia won in 4:14.40

"It went really well. Honestly all I wanted to do was to be in the top-three. The top four make it to the final, but I really wanted to be in the top three to really secure my spot, so that’s what I did. When I put this jersey on this morning, it was so real. It is crazy to be running for the USA.”

The finals of the girls 1500m is Saturday at 7:20 pm, local time in Donetsk.


Comments