Brooks Beasts' Garrett Heath continues roll indoors at Camel City Elite meet...

Garrett Heath (left/photo by Paul Merca) of the Seattle based Brooks Beasts won the 3000 meter run at the Camel City Elite indoor meet in Winston-Salem, North Carolina Saturday at the JDL Fast Track complex.

Heath ran 7:48.48 to beat Lawi Lalang, who ran 7:50.07, making a move with one lap to go and covering that lap in 27 seconds, to set a new facility record.

“I had planned on going earlier, but you never know how you’re going to feel during a first race back on the track. But, every time I came around the curve I heard someone yelling at me and it got me moving,” Heath said afterwards.

For his efforts, Heath took home $5000, including a $1000 bonus for a facility record.

Teammate Cas Loxsom was fifth in the 800 in 1:52.99.

In the women’s 3000, Katie Mackey was fourth in 9:07.66.

Phoebe Wright was third in the 800 in 2:04.72.

Comments

Uli Steidl said…
The results list Katie as 4th in 9:07.66, not 8:53.99....
Uli
Mercanator said…
My bad...a typo...now corrected--thanks Uli!