We interrupt the blog of all things track & field...


...to let you know that yes, indeed, I actually stood in line today to buy the Apple iPhone at the Apple Store at Bellevue Square!

I've anticipated this release for months, scouring over the various web sites and reading reviews from USA Today, the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, etc.

As I told someone that I was standing in line with today, the quest to get the iPhone was the equivalent of getting a pair of the limited edition Air Jordan Defining Moments Package (2 pairs of shoes: the Retro XI & the Retro VI).

The only other time I've ever done anything like this was when on a whim, I drove to Vancouver, BC to buy a pair of the first game Nike Air Zoom Generation (LeBron James' rookie shoe), which is a collector's item after the Seattle NikeTown sold out of it!

First thing I did with the phone--tried to see if it was Nike + compatible--it isn't...oh, well!

We now return to talking about track & field....

Comments