Saturday, December 3, 2011
The chaos at the meeting started when some of the speakers from the shoe companies got wind that someone in the room was streaming the meeting online via ustream, with the video embedded by Flotrack.
According to a post on letsrun.com, "Nike's John Capriotti, who was one of the people from Nike at the meeting. got word it was being streamed live on the internet without his knowledge. He got upset, walked out, the meeting was stopped, and everyone not on the AAC was kicked out of the meeting. That is when the athletes posted like crazy on twitter and people following the convention on twitter went nuts, although apparently not that many people (42 according to this tweet, not sure if that is a joke or not) were actually watching the live stream."
USA Track & Field will not enforce the uniform rules at next week's USATF Club Cross Country Championships at Seattle's Jefferson Park Golf Course, a move hailed by many of the clubs that plan to bring teams and individuals.
A recap of Friday's happenings in St. Louis can be read here, and here.
A good video with shot putter Adam Nelson, with some background of what the issues are facing the athletes in St. Louis, is available here.
- ► 2016 (234)
- ► 2015 (236)
- ► 2014 (236)
- ► 2013 (255)
- ► 2012 (300)
- And now...the 2011 edition of the Mercanator Award...
- Christmas greetings, all!
- Olympic 400m legend and former Washington Husky co...
- Porter, Knight, Weitz & Gardner on Team USA squad ...
- Jessica Beard & Ngoni Makusha win The Bowerman...
- Behind the scenes at The Bowerman...
- Here's who I picked for The Bowerman, and why...
- Tacoma native Brie Felnagle takes national club ha...
- USATF National Club Cross Country Championships se...
- Washington State's Jeshua Anderson & Husky commit ...
- Progress and chaos at USATF Athletes Advisory Comm...
- ▼ December (11)
- ► 2010 (342)
- ► 2009 (361)
- ► 2008 (401)