Quick links of the day...

Today's quick links of the day comes first, courtesy of 2008 Olympian Kara Patterson (left/photo by Paul Merca), who writes about her experience at last week's Drake Relays.

Patterson, a graduate of Vancouver's Skyview High School. writes about her travels to Des Moines from San Diego, where's she's based at the Olympic Training Center.

She writes, "One of my competition goals was to go to Drake and throw the World A standard (what you have to throw to be eligible for big international competitions). Since there are no outdoor World Championships or Olympics this year, there really isn't an official A standard for women's javelin, but last year it was 61.00m. I'm happy to have met a goal, and I know that fixing the technical issues listed above will make the javelin go a lot farther. I was most proud of my attitude going into Drake Relays though; I had fun and accomplished what I went there to."

To read the rest of her post, click here
...

Throughout the season, we'll post excerpts from her...in the meantime, you can visit her blog at karapatterson.blogspot.com.

UPDATE (10:15 am) Linda Chalich of WSU's sports information office informs me of an article by John Blanchette of the Spokane Spokesman-Review on Jeshua Anderson, which you can read here...

Comments