Quick note on Jessica Pixler...

Thought I'd post this quick note on an article by Seattle Times columnist Jerry Brewer on former Seattle Pacific standout Jessica Pixler (left/photo by Randy Miyazaki, trackandfieldphoto.com) that will publish in Sunday's edition of the paper.

Pixler, who is now in graduate school at the University of Colorado, was one of the many names who made headlines in Seattle sports this past year, as she finished her career at Seattle Pacific with twelve NCAA Division II titles.

But now, she'll find out in her one remaining season of NCAA eligibility whether or not she can mix it up with the big girls.

"I don't think I'd call it a chip on my shoulder," said Pixler, whose parents, Jeff and Nancy, met while running track at Colorado. "I think I'm discounted at times because my success was on the Division II level. There are some valid arguments because the times are slower than Division I times. But I think it's a good opportunity to give some validity to my 12 titles. I just want to show I'm a runner who can compete at any level and have success."

To read the full article, please click here.

Comments