A light run with the Brooks Beasts...

New Brooks Beasts member
Erica Moore
(Paul Merca photo)
On a typical wet Seattle day, I had the opportunity to visit Brooks Sports headquarters in the University District to watch the Brooks Beasts professional track & field team do a light workout before they travel to Winston-Salem, North Carolina for Saturday's Camel City Elite Races at the JDL Fast Track.

As the Beasts had done a hard workout the day before, Wednesday's training session was fairly light.  

While the team members stretched and warmed up, coach Danny Mackey kept the mood light as he made movie references, which were over my head, as I sheepishly admitted that the last movie I'd watched was "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues", and that was only because I'd met Will Ferrell at a Seattle Seahawks game this season, and that I hadn't seen the first Anchorman until after I met Ferrell.

After going over travel plans for this weekend's meet with the group, the Beasts went on a 45-minute run from Brooks headquarters to Green Lake via Ravenna Boulevard, while I drove away to catch the group at various spots.

My photo essay of the day with the Brooks Beasts can be accessed via our Facebook page.  The title of the photo essay is "Going Beast Mode on Ravenna & Green Lake".

Special thanks to Mackey and Brooks Sports for this inside look at the Brooks Beasts.

Comments