ANALYSIS: Washington's nine D1 & D2 cross country teams at the quarter pole (WSU update)...


When I wrote my analysis of Washington's nine NCAA Division I and II schools last week, I intentionally left off Washington State University.

Despite the Cougars looking good in a close loss on the men's side to Boise State at their own Cougar Classic on September 13th, I honestly didn't have a good read, so I waited until the Cougars ran at the Joe Piane Invitational at Notre Dame last Friday.

Make no doubt about it--Evans Kurui (WSU Athletics photo) is for real, folks!

In a field that included several All-Americans, including David Mullarkey and Colin Sahlman of Northern Arizona, Kurui more than held up his own, leading for over half the race, before a fellow Kenyan freshman, Ernest Cheruiyot of Texas Tech, pulled away from him just before the 6k mark to win the 8k race in 22:21 to 22:25.

Kurui is certainly in the conversation for a top ten finish at the NCAA championships in Madison (Verona), Wisconsin on November 23rd...

To read the rest of this, please consider being a subscriber to my "Buy Me A Coffee" site, which you can access here, or by clicking the "Buy Me A Coffee" radio button on the lower right hand side or at the bottom of this post.

Comments