As much as I'm excited for the next four days of competition here in Eugene...

...I cannot come to terms with the fact that the NBA Seattle Supersonics are no longer a part of the Seattle community.

While I've been working on the preview for Friday's competition here in Eugene, I've been listening to the sports radio station in Seattle on the internet, KJR-AM, and the reaction of the fans who have called in expressing the disappointment, anger, rage, etc., over the loss of the community's professional basketball team.

I honestly don't know what I am going to do when I have to face my closet when I return to Seattle on Monday and look at some of the Seattle Sonics apparel and memorabilia that I've accumulated over the years.

Sometime after the Trials are over, and I've had a chance to think about it, I'll post my thoughts on what losing the Seattle Sonics means...right now, I feel that I've been kicked in the stomach and the groin...this hurts.

Comments