IAAF preview of Athens Grand Prix meet...

As many of you know, I have an avowed affection for Athens, Greece...it's one of my favorite cities in the world to visit...not only that, but several of my good friends live there, and I always enjoy myself whenever my travels take me to the Greek capital.

Having said that, here's the IAAF preview of Sunday's Athens Grand Prix meet at Olympic Stadium, featuring Brad Walker, who is 1 for 1 on the current pre-Olympic European tour, having won in Karlsruhe, Germany, clearing 19-4 1/4 (5.90m).

The World champion came third in the US Trials and so goes to Beijing and is currently the best vaulter this season. Derek Miles (5.80) who won the national title also jumps as does Australia’s Steve Hooker (6.00 this year), Ukraine’s Denys Yurchenko (5.83m) and Maksym Mazuryk (5.82), and the Germans Tim Lobinger and Bjorn Otto.

To read the full article, click here...

Comments