EUGENE--As paulmerca.blogspot.com prepares to leave Eugene, here is a recap of how Washington state affiliated athletes did at the US Olympic Team Trials-Track & Field:
Christine Babcock (incoming UW freshman)—ninth in 1500 meter semifinals, 4:20.00
Cecelia Barnes (former UW)—finished fifth in discus, 186-8
Lindsey Blaine (Lyle HS)--finished eighth in javelin, 168-7
Kate Burton (Evergreen HS/Clark CC) tied for 20th in hammer throw qualifying, 194-6
Kate Conwell (former UW/Club Northwest) tied for 13th, pole vault qualifying, 13-5 1/4
Brie Felnagle (Bellarmine Prep HS/Tacoma)—did not finish 1st round of 1500
Katie Follett (UW)—tenth in 1500 meter semifinals, 4:22.60
McKenzie Garberg (WSU)—17th in hammer throw qualifying, 200-7
Britney Henry (Spokane)—16th in hammer throw qualifying, 207-0
Brittany Hinchcliffe (Capital HS/Olympia)--tenth in hammer throw, 213-0
Tiombe Hurd (former Seattle resident)—19th in triple jump, 43-6
Ashley Lodree (former UW)--did not finish quarterfinals of 100 hurdles
Amanda Miller (Eastmont/Wenatchee & UW)—10th in first round of 1500, 4:24.45
Kara Patterson (Skyview/Vancouver)—won javelin in 191-9
Diana Pickler (formerly from WSU)—3rd in heptathlon
Julie Pickler (formerly from WSU)—did not finish heptathlon
Ginnie Powell (Rainier Beach HS)—sixth in 100 hurdles, 12.74
Kelly Strong (Renton/UW assistant coach)—9th in steeplechase semifinals, 10:13.70
Aretha Thurmond (Renton HS/UW)—won discus in 213-11
Michelle Turner (UW)—twelfth in 1500 meter semifinals, 4:30.59
Vanessa Wilhelm (Crescent HS/Joyce)—tied for 20th in hammer throw qualifying, 194-6
Jeshua Anderson (WSU)-fifth in semifinals in 400 hurdles, 48.92
Dominique Arnold (WSU)--false started out of 110 hurdles quarterfinals
Trent Arrivey (Woodinville HS/WSU)—15th in high jump qualifying, 7-0 1/2
Jordan Boase (Bothell HS/UW)—seventh in semifinals of 400, 46.60; didn’t start 200
Ryan Brown (former UW/Renton HS)—14th in 800-meter semifinals in 1:47.95
Will Conwell (UW/Club Northwest)—sixth in discus throw, 202-7
Eric Dudley (former WSU from Bellingham)—sixth in semifinals in 400 hurdles, 49.37
Craig Everhart (former Lincoln/Tacoma)—sixth in first round of 400, 48.08
Norris Frederick (UW)—14th in long jump qualifying, 25-2; didn’t start high jump
Allen James (Shorecrest HS/Western Washington))—sixth in 20 kilometer walk, 1:32:13
Jon Jeffreys (WSU)—twelfth in javelin throw, 210-0
Kyle Jenkins (Thomas Jefferson HS)—ninth in triple jump, 53-1 3/4
Michael Kilburg (O’Dea HS)—20th in 10000 meters, 29:26.76
Bernard Lagat (former WSU)—Won 5000 in 13:27.47; also won 1500 in 3:40.47
Matt Lamb (WSU)—tenth in discus at 194-10
Chris Lukezic (Auburn HS)--tenth in 1500 meters at 3:43.26
Andy McClary (Shelton HS)--eighth in 1500 meters at 3:42.40
Jordan McNamara (Auburn Riverside HS) 10th in first round of 1500m, 3:49.61
Adam Midles (Capital HS/Olympia)—14th in hammer qualifying, 221-1
Rickey Moody (Puyallup HS/WSU)—14th in decathlon, 7512 points
John Moore (Olympia HS)—21st in 10000 meters, 29:26.79
Shae Murray (Spokane CC)—13th in javelin throw, 228-3
Nick Owens (Shelton HS)—15th in hammer qualifying, 219-8
David Paul (Eastern Washington)—11th in hammer throw, 218-8
Chris Randolph (Seattle Pacific/Club Northwest)—10th in decathlon, 7660 points
Jesse Roberge (former Yelm HS)—13th in shot put qualifying, 63-06.75
Jarred Rome (Marysville-Pilchuck HS)—11th in discus throw, 193-5
Reedus Thurmond (Federal Way/Club Northwest)—18th in discus qualifying, 188-4
Brad Walker (former UW from Mountlake Terrace)—3rd in pole vault, 18-6 1/2
Ian Waltz (WSU)—won discus throw, 216-1
Arend Watkins (WSU)--eighth in semifinals of 110 hurdles, 13.87
Ryan Weidmann (Spokane CC coach)—19th in javelin throw, 218-8
Elvie Williams (Spanaway Lake HS/Spokane CC)—21st in long jump qualifying, 24-4 1/2
Athletes highlighted in red earned spots on the US Olympic team.
Sunday, July 6, 2008
Posted by Mercanator at 9:57 PM
- December (4)
- November (14)
- October (17)
- September (13)
- August (23)
- July (29)
- June (22)
- May (31)
- April (24)
- March (28)
- February (25)
- January (17)
- December (9)
- November (11)
- October (19)
- September (17)
- August (35)
- July (22)
- June (39)
- May (38)
- April (25)
- March (29)
- February (32)
- January (24)
- December (11)
- November (25)
- October (26)
- September (28)
- August (30)
- July (30)
- June (34)
- May (34)
- April (30)
- March (25)
- February (28)
- January (22)
- December (15)
- November (20)
- October (18)
- September (27)
- August (33)
- July (39)
- June (27)
- May (40)
- April (35)
- March (32)
- February (26)
- January (30)
- December (10)
- November (26)
- October (20)
- September (25)
- August (41)
- July (35)
- June (34)
- May (40)
- April (28)
- March (33)
- February (27)
- January (42)
- December (16)
- November (36)
- October (29)
- September (38)
- August (66)
- Tentative time schedule for Washington state track...
- Steve Kelley column on Aretha Thurmond...
- Miscellaneous ramblings on the site...
- Follow-up to Haley Nemra post...
- Bernard Lagat withdraws from Monte Carlo...
- Team USA to have a local touch on its staff...
- Link to story on Ian Waltz & Stacy Dragila...
- Brad Walker finishes third at London GP...
- Snickers television commercial...
- Lagat's undefeated streak snapped in London...
- Rick Sloan & Diana Pickler chat online...
- World champs Lagat & Walker set to compete in Lond...
- Meet Kara Patterson...
- Lukezic seventh in Stockholm; Powell fourth in her...
- Weekend wrapup: July 18-20
- Lukezic eighth in Barcelona; Arnold wins C section...
- Chris Lukezic's thoughts going into the Barcelona ...
- Ian Waltz leads four Washingtonians into Barcelona...
- Doug Logan meets the press...
- Ginnie Powell sixth in Paris Golden League meet Fr...
- Doug Logan named CEO of USA Track & Field...
- Ginnie Powell entered in Paris Golden League meet ...
- Questions for Bill Roe...
- Mart Israel wins in Joensuu, Finland...
- High schooler Haley Nemra from Marysville-Pilchuck...
- Washington to ditch Nike?
- Jarred Rome sixth in Crete...
- USA Track & Field announces Olympic team...
- Katie Follett's post-Olympic Trials thoughts...
- Walker wins Athens Grand Prix meet...
- Jeshua Anderson anchors Team USA to victory at Wor...
- A semi-humorous look at the Olympic Trials...
- A possible summer circuit for next year in the Nor...
- IAAF preview of Athens Grand Prix meet...
- ESPN mini-documentary on James Li...
- Ginnie Powell ninth at Golden Gala in Rome...
- Jeshua Anderson wins world junior title at 400 hur...
- Schaff misses finals in 1500 at world juniors...
- Aretha Thurmond & Diana Pickler receive $5000 gran...
- Anderson headed towards finals of world junior cha...
- Anson Henry & Märt Israel named to Canadian & Esto...
- Brad Walker wins in Karlsruhe...
- Jeshua Anderson wins first round heat at world jun...
- Kendra Schaff 7th at World Juniors in 5000...
- Kendra Schaff & Jeshua Anderson compete at IAAF Wo...
- The party's over...
- Jordan Boase has stress fracture in femur...
- Final recap of how Washington state athletes fared...
- Olympic Trials day 8 recap...
- Kelly Blair LaBounty let go at Oregon...
- Interesting story on how the media is covering the...
- Olympic Trials day 8 preview...
- Olympic Trials day 7 recap...
- Olympic Trials day 7 preview...
- Olympic Trials day 6 recap...
- Summary of Washington state affiliated athletes co...
- Olympic Trials day 6 preview...
- Olympic Trials day 5 recap...
- Olympic Trials are finally here!
- Finish line photo of the men's 800...
- Video interview of Kate Conwell...
- As much as I'm excited for the next four days of c...
- Olympic Trials day 5 preview...
- Another athlete that slipped past us...
- And now for something different...
- It's a day off here at the Trials...
- Nike Unveils Team USA’s Most Innovative, Lightest ...
- Olympic Trials day 4 recap
- June (51)
- May (19)
- April (19)
- March (16)
- February (17)
- January (26)