Eastern Washington hires two time Barbados Olympian Victor Houston...

CHENEY--
Eastern Washington University Director of Track and Field/Cross Country Erin Tucker announced the addition of Victor Houston (photo courtesy Northern Colorado Athletics) to the Eagles' coaching staff. 

Houston brings an accomplished background as both a coach and athlete, including experience at Northern Colorado and Ohio State, along with two Olympic appearances.

"I cannot contain my excitement in hiring Victor Houston," said Tucker. "He is one of the best jumps and multis coaches I have seen in my 26 years of coaching. I have known Vic for over 30 years, and the respect and admiration I have for him is unmatched!"

Houston joins Eastern after serving as Associate Head Track and Field Coach at Northern Colorado, where he was hired in September 2023. With the Bears, Houston oversaw the vertical and horizontal jumps as well as the multi-events.

Prior to Northern Colorado, Houston spent five seasons on the coaching staff at Ohio State. During his time with the Buckeyes, Houston helped the program capture six Big Ten team championships and earn two top-four team finishes at the NCAA championships.

Houston has developed an impressive list of athletes throughout his coaching career, mentoring 41 NCAA Division I All-Americans. He has also coached an NCAA national champion in the triple jump.

Houston represented Barbados at the 1996 Olympic Games in Atlanta and again at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia. He also established multiple Barbados national records during his career, including marks in the 60-meter hurdles, 400-meter hurdles and decathlon.


NOTE: The sports information offices of Eastern Washington and Northern Colorado contributed to this report.

paulmerca.blogspot.com may receive a commission for any purchases made from links clicked. Please support this site and our sponsors by clicking on the links. You can also support the site by clicking the yellow "Buy Me A Coffee" link below or the blue icon on the lower right hand side.

Comments